ICOD & ICOS A simple explanation
These acronyms stand for (I)n (C)ase (O)f (D)eath and (I)n (C)ase (O)f (S)ickness, and point us to important information that will greatly assist with understanding, preparing for and anticipating a myriad of potential scenarios, making it easier for those around us to act when necessary.
The ICOD Form is used:
- To make sure loved ones have the information needed to see to your wishes with your funeral.
- To make sure the necessary passwords, account numbers and medical aid detail is available.
- To make sure your Will can be found
- To ensure that no family feuds erupt over small matters when you pass on.
- To ensure you know who to contact and keep informed.
- To give to the Executor of the estate in order that a complete and new set of detailed information is available.
- To ensure that your spouse is put through minimum trauma and stress at this time – correct and accurate information is readily available.
The ICOS Form is used:
- To save long involved explanations in event of emergency hospitalisation.
- To provide a full & up to date medical history for medical professionals.
- To speak for you if you aren’t able to do so for yourself.
- To mitigate the risk of receiving incorrect medication in an emergency.
- To ensure you don’t forget medication information, dosages or names.
- To speed up your receipt of medical treatment in an emergency.
- To ensure that medical professionals are aware of any allergies you may suffer from.
- To ensure that appropriate friends and family can be speedily informed.
- To ensure your personal doctor can be contacted.