Short term insurance
Kind regards Bette
Auto & General, SANTAM and Alexander Forbes offer members a choice of specially designed short term (home and motor vehicle insurance) products for seniors. These policies offer benefits not normally provided to members of the public at these prices, examples of which are: no excess payments, a wider spectrum of cover, additional benefits such as funeral cover being included in the policy and the like. We have staff who are trained to deal with the necessary insurance contracts and who are registered with the FSB (Financial Services Board) as an intermediary, hereby enabling us to offer you advice in this area of your needs
Reverse Mortgages / Home Equity Release Contracts
These financial instruments are probably the last major financial transactions one should enter into in one’s lifetime. The reasons, inter alia, being that the transactional costs and interest rates are high, but given the correct circumstances they are an ideal solution where no other alternatives exist – especially for the more senior of senior citizens who are property rich and cash flow poor and who wish to provide an additional fixed income for life without perpetuating the hassles associated with money management late in life.
We have been instrumental in the establishment of SAHERPA (South African Home Equity Release Protection Association) which monitors member companies offering Reverse Mortgages in South Africa provided that they meet with acceptable standards of consumer protection. Ethically acceptable standards are also monitored. In the very best interests of people making use of this method of obtaining finance, SAHERPA has an annual audit of all transactional documents done to ensure that approved supplier members of SAHERPA comply with the accepted code of ethics. Details of the code of ethics, generic details on Equity Release products and more are available at theSAHERPA website
SAARP obtains no remuneration whatever out of any of these transactions, but believes it is serving the best interests of members by remaining actively involved in the association. [This product is currently NOT available but will hopefully be back on the market shortly.]
SAARP Assistance Benefit Plan:
- Up to R30 000 Funeral Cover
- Individual & discounted couple rates
- Members can join up to age 84
- Cover continuous indefinitely whilst premiums are paid
- Exlcusive Value Added Package developed for SAARP members:
- R500 per month for 6 months Benefit: Cash payable to the beneficiary
- Veggie Benefit: R750 voucher at Shoprite / Checkers to beneficiary
- 24/7 Medical & Legal Advice Line for the member
- Airtime Benefit: R250 Airtime voucher to the beneficiary
- Electrosure: R250 pm for 3 months electricity uploaded to the beneficiary electricity meter.
- Local Butchery Benefit: R3 000 account created at the beneficiary’s choice of Butcher
The Value Added Package is payable when the assured person passes away, insuring the basics are taken cared of.
- The SAARP Assistance Benefit Plan is underwritten by Hollard Life Assurance Co Ltd and administered by The Best Funeral Society. Both are authorised Financial Service Providers.
- Terms & Conditions apply and will be set-out in the brochure and policy documentation.
Click here to download the brochure and application form.
Members get a special discount for services from Doves Undertakers. This is given to members who are able to produce their SAARP membership card when requiring these services. There is no cost involved in qualifying for the benefit.
We also have a special advisory service in conjunction with Warwick Trust who do a full spectrum service in this regard, from wills and trusts to estate planning and acting as executors for estates. They will visit you at your residence and at your convenience. They also have an investment division at your disposal. Contact them by phoning our offices at 021 592-1279 or phoning 0800 50 60 70; or e-mail:email@example.com
In addition to this we also have an “arm’s length” telephonic / fax / e-mail service providing the same service for members who have simple requirements in terms of their wills and estates. This service is provided by an attorney specialising in these fields. They are also able to act as executors for estates and handle this on a personal and confidential level.
They can be contacted by:
fax: 021 913-4304
telephone: 021 913-8924
Remember to supply your contact details to them in your communication.